Prompt: Dream Job/Current Job

As a kid, what job did you dream you'd have as an adult? What job do you have now?

My dream job was to be a radio DJ. The motivation stemmed from my love of music. The idea of having a massive index of music is what attracted me to working in radio. However, being a introvert, it did not thrill me to be a public speaker, although the anonymity of radio broadcasting had its perks.

Today, I am a big fan of talk radio and the plight of those who claim to fame comes from a long history radio broadcasting.  I suppose radio still resides in my heart. Recently,  I learned of, and fell in love with "This American life"  a show that is broadcasted by Ira Glass.  I became a huge fan instantly, when hearing the first show about a bus driver who said, "the hell with this... I'm taking the bus on a road trip"  There is something special about radio that I hope never dies.

As for the type of work I do, I work with electronics.  Not my Dream job, but its a decent job with decent people, therefore I am thankful for a job! The futurist are warning of a future of scarce jobs. I can not imagine what people will do to make a living and be productive. The world is changing and its kind of scary!

Writing Prompt from:  http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/2014/11/todays-writing-prompt-new-things.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment